Posted by ecdraven at pm3-17-072.ama.arn.net on January 11, 2001 at 19:14:01:
my name is matt harmel and i am TRULY interested in making films for the "street philosopher. i am a huge fan of your work and respect your style a lot. but enough with the sucking up. i was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me.
1. what kind of camera(s) did you shoot clerks with?
2. what kind of film did you shoot on?
3. i've heard you spent around $30,000 total on it. did that include the actors' pay or was it just for the production of the film?
4. how did you get permission to shoot at your locations?
5. any tips for stretching scenes without much dialogue?
6. what kind of audio equipment did you use?
7. what did you do your editing on?
8. how did you get clerks to the masses? entering film festivals or did you send it in to miramax?
i'm sorry if the answer to these questions are on one of the special edition dvd's, but i'm a little strapped for cash right now. (i'll get them soon though.) and if you ACTUALLY take a look at this, i'd like to thank you for your time. i really respect you as both a writer and filmmaker.
one of your MANY hardcore fans-
Post a Followup