Posted by Altmann at 12-234-136-119.client.attbi.com on March 17, 2003 at 11:58:59:
Do you have Excel97? If you do your in for a treat. Below are instructions on how to access a little flight simulator hidden deep inside Excel 97.
(1) In Excel 97, open a new blank work sheet.
(2) Press F5 ('go to' function) and type X97:L97 in the "Reference" box, then click OK.
(3) Now hit your tab key once (you should end up in cell M97).
(4) Here's the tricky part: press and hold "Ctrl" and "Shift" while clicking once on the "chart wizard" icon (the one at the top with the blue-yellow-red bar chart). After a few moments you should be flying.
(5) Steer with the mouse, accelerate and decelerate with the left and right mouse buttons respectively, and look for the monolith with the programmer credits.
You can exit the screen by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
Steer with the mouse. Moving it sideways moves you sideways. Acceleration depends on mouse acceleration. Left click to zoom in, right click to zoom out. You can hit escape to quit, but then you must restart excel and do it all over again to get back.
Have fun with this one guys...
Post a Followup